Be a Part of the Past!
Give Ozarks on May 5
Very soon, you have the chance to be part of an exciting day in Southwest Missouri history! Give Ozarks, an online giving campaign led by the Community Foundation of the Ozarks, is happening on May 5. This is an opportunity for you to give back to local organizations — including the Webster County Historical Society. Click here to learn more about the campaign!
The Webster County Historical Society (WCHS) is the driving force behind historic preservation in Webster County, Missouri.
- Connect Learn more about the history of Webster County, Missouri.
- Share Swap your memories of the Ozarks with others from across the country.
- Join Want to become part of the WCHS? Call 417-468-7407.
- The WCHS board has decided to participate in the first ever “Give Ozarks” online fundraising event to be held May 5, 2015. Please see the “Give Ozarks Day” page on this website for more details.
- The annual Marshfield school tours are scheduled for May 1st, 7th and 11th. Topics to be discussed include: George Washington Carver, sewing, pioneer life and famous military horses.
- On Tuesday, March 24th, the Webster County Historical Society held their monthly meeting in the Pauline Dyche Annex building. The program included a viewing of the Missouri State University production “The Ozarks: Just That Much Hillbilly In Me”. The next meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28th. The program will be given by Lisa Jameson and is titled, “Give Ozarks- Unwrapped”.
Images used courtesy of the WCHS, Randy Clair